London at Christmas Time

18.12.16


In the run up to christmas there are lights, festive decorations and luxurious food.  London is one of my favourite cities in the world and at christmas time it is even better. You only have to walk around London in December to start feeling festive. There is always something to do and see. Last weekend, I went into London with my sister and we had a lovely day hanging out. It was a typical winter Sunday, perfect for our christmas day out.

Liberty London


I have shopped in most of the major shopping places in London like Harrods, Selfridges and Westfield, but I have never been to Liberty. It is one of the most 'instagrammable' buildings and department store, inside and out. Finally, I got the chance to visit. Walking in felt quintessentially British and a little bit like shopping in your own home. I could very easily walk around and pick up all my wish list homeware and beauty products. It is now my new favourite place in London to shop.

We headed up to the christmas shop and as soon as the lift doors opened we were in a new world full of christmas gifts and decorations. There were so many tree ornaments and delicious sweet treats. The fairy lights and christmas trees made it all feel so cosy. Even if you finished all your christmas shopping and can resist buying christmas decorations, you can walk around and soak up the christmas feeling throughout the shop.

I purchased two new tree ornaments - I had to pick up a little something. I think we will be back at the christmas shop next year and every year from now on.

Oxford Street Lights


We walked down Oxford Street and had a look in a few shops. Mostly window shopping and to pick up some new things from Lush. It's always lovely to walk down Oxford Street when the christmas lights are up, if the crowds don't bother you anyway.

I personally think they should keep some of the lights up all year round. It's something so simple but even in the day light they still brighten up the street.

Winter Wonderland


Afterwards, we hopped back on the tube down to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. Last year was my first time visiting and I was really looking forward to going back again. There is so much going on and there is something for everyone to do. You can go ice skating, play the fair games,  go on the rides, hang out by the bar, shop at the christmas markets and eat all the junk food.

There is a lot of ground to cover so we started walking around and thought about where we wanted to go. My sister was looking forward to having a bratwurst hot dog for weeks, it was an easy mission to achieve. For a non-meat eater it is a little harder in these kinds of places. There were a few vegetarian food stalls but I went for quick and simple chips. I couldn't leave without having a hot cider, one of the bars had a hot toffee apple flavoured cider - I couldn't say no to that.

We walked off our lunch and had a look at the German market stalls. There were some lovely christmas decorations and jewellery pieces. We then went to look for something sweet, I really fancied a nutella crepe and my sister had doughnuts covered in nutella. You can find chocolate on every corner. We then picked up some gingerbread and toffee pieces before leaving. By this time the sun was going down and Hyde Park looked beautiful.


Merry Christmas


If you're ever in London during December, make sure you make a quick stop to these places. You will feel all warm and festive inside.

I hope you have all had a wonderful December so far and have a very Merry Christmas x

SaveSave

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.