Twenty Four

28.7.16


A few days ago I turned 24. Like most years my birthday arrived quicker than expected. It's true what they say about time speeding up as you get older. Your concept of time changes every year. When you're 6 years old, a year feels like forever compared to when you're 24 years old. Lately I've been thinking about all those things I want to do in the next year and I have to reign it in a little and be realistic. I don't want to feel disappointed in a years time because I was being too ambitious but at the same time I have to remember that no matter what I achieve in the next year I should be proud of myself.

Last year I didn't really think about what I wanted to do while being 23. I had just started a new job and I felt like I was making progress in my life. So I looked forward to the future and welcomed each day as a new possibility. My life changed quite a bit at 23. It started very differently to how it ended. I didn't know what to expect. I had no idea what my next goal to reach for was going to be. For me, it was a year of discovering what I wanted in my life, thinking about lots of dreams and making plans for the future. And, well.. living.

This year I want to work on achieving those dreams and plans. Most of them are in the 'big picture' stage in my mind but you've got to start somewhere. Life is an ongoing project, it's never done until the end. I'll always be working on the small things to make the big things happen. While I'm doing that I want to focus on looking after myself in every way. Mentally, physically and spiritually. I've not been as happy in my own skin as I have been and I know I can be. By giving myself some extra attention and focusing on doing good things I know it will make the world of difference. This year I'm keeping things simple and enjoying my days.

Here are a few things that I want to do when I'm 24..

  • Visit and explore new places
  • Make and bake new recipe dishes 
  • Save more money to buy a house
  • Blog a little more (I truly love blogging but I can be so rubbish at it sometimes)
  • Take a mini/online course to learn more about my career field 
  • Practice yoga more often
  • Go for long walks
  • Spend time with my loved ones as much as possible 
  • Keep organised 
  • Focus on the good

Is there anything you're doing this year to make yourself feel better and happier?

Post a Comment

latest instagrams

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.