Through My Eyes At The Weekend

11.6.16




I know I'm not alone in thinking that the weekends can sometimes (always) go too quick, even the long weekends, it's never quite enough. On the weekends I try to find the balance of getting stuff done, resting and enjoying myself. Then there are some that are so joyful and make me feel full with life. One of my goals for 2016 was to document my life more, I haven't been completely awful at it but it's a work in progress. Sometimes I don't think the moment is significant enough and others I forget all about it because I'm busy living the moment. One of the great things about phones these days is the camera quality isn't too bad, you always have it with you and in a matter of seconds you have frozen that moment. Last bank holiday weekend I remembered to take a few moments to capture what I saw, now I can share them and look back those memories. Modern technology is a great gift, I try not to take it for granted, we're so lucky to do all of this so instantly.

On this weekend, my love and I spent a few days together. He's from Yorkshire so we're in a long distance relationship at the moment, I might talk about this some more another day. When we're together we like to go out to new places, or at least new for one of us and explore where the other half lives. One of the best places to eat near me is the Waffle House in St Albans, we went there for breakfast, they have great sweet and savoury waffles. I had a fruit and nut waffle with banana, cinnamon sugar and a lot of maple syrup, the best way to start a Saturday morning. We then went on a little trip to Ikea and had a look at all the things we want for our future home. Later we baked a pistachio cake, it was pretty good but not quite amazing, we'll keep trying until we perfect it.

Sunday, we went for a wander around London, mostly the Covent Garden area. I always love walking around there, passing the shops and restaurants, there is always something to see there. We stopped for a quick coffee and a slice of cappuccino cake (I love coffee) and headed back out to the streets and made our way to the river, right near Embankment. It was the perfect spot to see a few of the key landmarks like the London Eye, the Shard, the Gherkin and Big Ben. We sat on a bench for a little while, watching people walk by and boats float past. Sometimes it feels like time stands still in those moments. In the evening we went to my local pub restaurant, it is so good for comforting food. It's those simple things like going out for dinner with my favourite people that I truly love.

I cherish weekends like this, they are always my favourite and full of goodness. I want more like these. And I will. Everyone should have days like these with the people they care most about. It's the moments you will remember most.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.