Summer Snapshots

29.7.15


Despite the recent rain and the autumnal chill in the air the last few days, summer has been quite good in a different kind of way. As much as I adore the time of year when the low golden sun is beaming through the browning leaves, the layers go on and days feel cosier, summer always holds a place in my heart. I think when you're a summer baby you're wired that way and there is always something to look forward to, even if you don't feel the age you're turning. So far it has been my first summer and month of working full time, no more waking up on a summer weekday and lounging around outside and being spontaneous. Before this new chapter in my life began I had some time to take a breath, do what feels good and soak up the last page. 

At the start of summer I bought myself a blender, I've been enjoying making fresh smoothies, so refreshing and no matter what you put in everything tastes good. I read most of Still Alice outside when we had some seriously gorgeous weather, I couldn't put it down. I want to read more but it slips my mind until my eyes are too heavy to stay open long enough to read a paragraph. Once I've got into the swing of a 9 to 5 job I'm sure I'll get back into reading again. My sister got me some books for my birthday so no excuses.  Made trips to the park, Trent Park is one of my favourites. It's a special place for me as I spent my first year of uni right around the corner and it looks so beautiful in spring with all the daffodils.

My grandparents came down from Scotland for a week, I always love seeing them but a little sad that I didn't get to see them as much this time. My Grandma is a huge tennis fan and came down for Wimbledon. She got the final day, not the men's final but I would have gone with her in a heartbeat. As fate would have it, it was the same day I was seeing Ed Sheeran at Wembley Stadium. He was pretty amazing, him on his own, a guitar, and thousands of people. Everyone was on their feet singing out loud and dancing away. 

So I became another year older, 23. My mind doesn't feel like that's my age. It's hard to explain, I think I don't feel I'm doing what I believe a 23 year old should be doing. Although there is no right or wrong way. It's that whole expectations versus reality dilema. I'm looking forward to seeing what this year will bring me. For the first time in a few years I entered a new age without having an existential crisis, questioning what I'm doing with my life. I'm moving forward, steadily and I can't wait to keep doing great things with my life, experiencing more and do what I want to do.

Post a Comment

latest instagrams

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.