Pistachio Cupcakes

28.6.15

 
I love pistachio flavoured anything. Ice cream, cookies, even in a nutty salad. Not the healthiest nut but definitely one of the tastiest (I'm now imagining what pistachio butter tastes like). Pinterest is amazing for food inspiration, from healthy superfood meals to sweet treats. A pistachio cake came up one day and I've had it in the back of my mind to make it ever since. I decided to try out a cupcake recipe, had a quick Google and found one that was quite simple and where I had all of the ingredients in the cupboard. I tweaked it a little to suit me and they turned out pretty well. Let me know if you've made anything delicious with pistachios.
 

Ingredients
120 grams shelled pistachios
140 grams caster sugar
140 grams softened butter
2 eggs
140 grams self-raising flour
5 tablespoons almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
150 grams icing sugar

Preheat the oven to 160C and prepare a tray with cupcake cases (makes 12)
Put 100 grams of the pistachios and half the sugar (700 grams) into a food processor until finely chopped
Pour the mix into a bowl and add the rest of the sugar, butter, eggs, flour and vanilla extract until smooth.
With a spoon put the mix into the cases evenly then place on a low shelf in the oven for around 20 to 25 minutes
Once they are golden on top and cooked inside, take out of the oven and leave to cool
Chop up the remaining pistachios with a sharp knife into chunks
Get your icing sugar and add a teaspoon of water gradually while mixing, making it slightly runny to glaze the top of all the cupcakes then add the pistachio chunks on top

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.