Book Review: Wild A journey From Lost To Found

10.6.15

After how much I enjoyed my last audiobook I decided to give another one a try. Audible have daily deals where you can get an audiobook for under £3 usually. Wild came up and it was a book I had in my mind to read so I thought it would be a good idea to try the audiobook. One thing I like about using audiobooks is that I can finish them within a few days and it's perfect to have on in the background. I did feel that some of the story dragged a little and I sometimes got lost but the book as a whole was enjoyable and left me feeling inspired.

Based on Cheryl Strayed's true story, it follows her hike along the Pacific Crest Trail from Mojave Desert through California and Oregon to Washington state. She decided to do this after her marriage ended following the grief of losing her soul mate. She made this impressive decision with nothing to lose. It captures the reality of how difficult and brave it is to be a woman alone in the wild. It's a time of reflection for Cheryl as we find out what happened to bring her on this journey. The people she meets along the way all teach her new things and shows how much stronger she gets as she reaches the end of the trail, both physically and emotionally. It challenges her body and mind in new ways.

It's empowering seeing what she went through alone and where she has come from to where she ended up. Sometimes I think we need that alone time to reflect on everything, the good and the bad so we can be a better version of ourselves. It shows how truly amazing women are and how much we can endure as humans.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.