Beauty products I wish I tried sooner

11.2.15


It can be a little overwhelming diving into beauty blogs with countless reviews on many products. There are a few that I find pop up often enough that I remember to check them out. The benefit of the reviews is that you have plenty of information that is honest and you can decide whether or not you should give it a go. Here are some products I've had my eye on for a while and now wish I purchased them a lot sooner.

Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre

My skin is typically on the dry/dehydrated side, if there is anything out there that helps my skin I'm willing to try it. The Embryolisse cream is a nourishing moisturiser for all skin types. Most French pharmacy products usually work very well I have found. As soon as I got my hands on it I started using it daily to really see if it works well. I use it in the morning after I have cleansed my face. It feels like a light, rich moisturiser and makes my skin feel smoother and nourished. It does help me keep my dry skin under control for the day.

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer

Ever since I can remember this has been a favourite among all beauty bloggers. They constantly rave about it but the price tag put me off a little. Until one day I was browsing online and found a discount code and decided to finally give it a try. After the first time I used it, I wished I got it years ago. Perfect to cover blemishes and doesn't dry them up, also really good for under the eyes. I purchased it in the vanilla shade and it's a perfect match. If you're on the fence about this, cave in and give it a go.

Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask

As I mentioned, I have mostly dry skin and when Winter arrived my skin became annoyingly dry. I was coming to the end of another hydration mask so I was ready to replace that one. I did my research and this came up a few times, I've only ever tried the Origins GinZing eye cream from the brand and wanted to try something else. I was a little worried that the overnight mask would feel strange to go to sleep wearing but it didn't. It sinks deep into the skin like a night cream. When I woke up after using it for the first time I felt a difference, my face was smoother and I had no dry patches. I now use it about twice a week or when my skin needs a boost of hydration.

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector

Typically I don't have many high-end brands in my make up collection but when I do splurge I like buying lip products, such as YSL and Clinique. Clarins ILNLP is a lip product I feel like every girl has. In the back of my mind I would ask myself 'do I need this?' No, not really, maybe I'll treat myself one day. In the Boxing day sales I found a lip gift set with two of them in travel sized. Perfect way to try something new without spending too many pennies. I do love them, it feels smooth on the lips and doesn't leave them feeling dry, they look really good on the lips too. I personally prefer the colour in 06 to the light pink in 01. So now I know what colour to go for when I buy a full size. It is one of those glorified products but sometimes there is a reason why it is so popular.

I will say you don't always have to give into the hype. If you do your research and it sounds like something you're looking for and you can find a promotion it can be a favourite worth the wait. These are mine that I'm glad I have finally got my hands on and proves that sometimes they are beauty favourites for a reason.


1 comment

  1. The Nars concealer sounds wonderful! Xo

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.