Dreams and Goals for 2015

1.1.15


Looking back at 2014 it was a weird, up and down year for me. The beginning was slow and dull, in my mind it's a hazy blur. As we hit the mid way point of the year everything became a bit brighter, there were some dark days but when I think back at the Summer months, I feel warm. Towards the end it has been a mix, it has disappeared so quickly like it never even happened.  I've been reflecting on the past 12 months quite a lot lately. I do this so that I can go into the new year with a clear mind of what I want from it.

Every year for the last couple of years I like to write down my dreams and goals for the rest of the year. Everyone does it, it's a good way to keep on track, seeing your progress or if what was important to you a year ago isn't any longer. Mine are almost the same every year. They are more dreams than goals for me. The most important things. I do like to add in a goal that will challenge me in a different way in the hope that it will benefit my life. I hope to continue to make some real progress this year.

Take more steps on the career ladder
I want to focus more on progressing in the career area. The past year I didn't put my heart into it, I wasn't in the right mind set for most of it but I'm now more determined than ever to do what it takes. Finding work experience, internships and jobs that can get me a step closer to being on the right track to doing what I want to do.

Be healthier and look after my body
In 2014, for the first time ever I actually made progress in this part of my life. I'm healthier and fitter than I've ever been. Most importantly I feel a lot better. I've learnt a lot about how important it is to look after yourself. I want to continue this and make some more changes that I hope will make me feel even better and in turn change my life.

Write more
In the past year I kept a journal where I wrote down little things every now and then. I love taking that time for myself, I've found it healing. I'm still going to write in the new year and possibly for the rest of my life. I want to finally put together a portfolio of my feature/creative writing. And write more on this blog. I'd like to take it the next level and improve my blog writing and content.

Take and print more photographs 
In this digital age I find that I store most of my photos on my computer or it's on my Instagram profile. I lost my most adored rabbit this year and it made me realise how precious all of those photos I took really are. I have a scrap book where I have personal photographs but I have not updated it since 2010. I want to take lots more with those closest to me and make sure I have a physical copy of my favourites.

Love and be happy
I unfortunately spent more time than I'd like to admit with sadness in my heart. Sometimes these things happen. I want to look back at the end of 2015 and know that I had more love and happiness in my heart and soul. From anything as small as a cup of coffee or as big as a person. Anything and everything. Finding those happy moments and loving more, every single day.

What are your dreams and goals for 2015? And Happy New Year to all of you beautiful people!
 

2 comments

  1. Happy New Year lovely, I'm wishing you all the happiness for 2015! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like very achievable and healthy New Year goals, I hope that you feel like you have more love in your life this year x

    ReplyDelete

latest instagrams

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.