Handmade Christmas Cards

14.12.14




Last year I made some decorations for my tree and this year I wanted to make my Christmas cards. Creating something instead of buying I think is a lot more thoughtful, it can also be really fun if you like to be a bit crafty. I wanted to keep it quite simple and make them personalised for each person.

You don't need a lot to make them, if you're like me and have a collection of embellishments, paints, glue and glitter. I did however need to buy some card and envelopes. It is actually cheaper for me to make these than buy which is an added bonus. 
 

The first thing I did was make my stencil/stamp. I made an outline of a gingerbread man and a tree, for the snowman I painted freestyle but there are lots of printable outlines that can be used. Using cardboard I made a little handle to make it easy to take off after printing the design. I brushed on acrylic paint onto the stamp and then pressed on the card then I was left with the shape. After I used the brush to smooth it down and added white glitter.

When that was dry I used sequins, string, pens, thread, glitter and ribbon to decorate the card. You can be so creative with what you want the design to look like. Once the glue had dried I used letter stamps to write 'Merry Christmas' on the cards, alternatively you can print out or hand write what you want. And then leave a message inside. 

It's very simple and took a few hours but I found it enjoyable. Maybe this will give you an idea to hand make something this festive season. And if you have already please share your idea!


1 comment

  1. What a fantastic idea, I particularly like the snowman. I wish I had the foresight to actually make my cards this year but I've not gotten around to it x

    ReplyDelete

latest instagram posts

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.