Reading Material & Sharing the Love

15.11.14

One of the best things I believe people can do for themselves is to read. The mind expands while having an enjoyable time. I'm not much of a TV person, I do have the odd favourites like Made in Chelsea and The Vampire Diaries, however in my down time you're more likely to find me reading. Whether it's a novel, magazine, website or blog. I honestly wish there was more time to read everything but like all avid readers will know, it will never be possible. There are so many creators in the world, professional and amateur. So my advice would be to find what you love to read and try to branch out a little into other subjects every once in a while.

And I wanted to share some of my favourites at the moment and tell you about some great blogs out there.




Right now I have about a 80 pages left of Us by David Nicholls and I've enjoyed it so far. I really like the writing style, it does not require a lot of concentration and the story is unfolding at a good pace. You can pick it up from wherever you left it and can be brought back into the story easily. I'm trying to predict the ending but I honestly am not sure what will happen.

Magazines are not as popular in my house as they once were. A few years ago I used to read two or three a week back when I was taking public transport every day but now I only manage to read my Elle subscription every month. This month it's the feminism issue and they have a feature article with Emma Watson.

Fashercise is a new discovery for me, I have become more interested in health and fitness this year and I like to educate myself. This website has great tips for food, music and general wellness while making it stylish for the modern woman.



I make an effort to keep up with the blogs I read, I can't express how much I love reading what others have written and created because each individual blogger has put in so much effort and I find a lot of the time they are better than some major mediums.

Here are a few of my favourites at the moment..

Offbeat + Inspired
Tiffany and Sarah do a bit of everything from style, beauty, illustration, baking and cooking. The photography is always great, especially the food, their coffee and maple spiced nuts recipe really caught my eye this month.

Junkaholique
I have been keeping up with this blog for years now, Artemis is a jewellery designer and all round creative, her sewing pieces are my favourite especially the little dresses and bits and pieces she makes her daughter. Sharing adventures her little family go on in their camper van around England.

Jennypurr
The blog I go to when I'm in need of advice from blogging, life and beauty. The post on how to turn your ideas into something awesome is one of many great inspiring and motivational posts.

Pale Lily
Sofia writes a little bit of everything like most of my favourites, you can get your beauty fix, lifestyle advice and recipes. A blog I would love to have in paper to flick through, the vegan pumpkin chai latte recipe she shared looks so delicious.

Sailboat
A beauty and lifestyle blog with so many great reviews on all things young women love and lovely writing by Jennie.

The Private Life of a Girl
A little bit of everything type of blog, could even describe it as a handbook for every female creative. Sophie is a designer-maker sharing creative and business advice, among other posts about books, travel and fashion. I really enjoyed reading this post about ways to be more efficient

My New Roots
As I mentioned, I have become more interested in healthy eating, this blog has so many recipes that are full of nutritious goodness.

Nishaantishu
Freya's writing is probably my favourite part of this blog, as well as the gorgeous photography. Sharing her travel adventures and snippets of her lifestyle.

Bless The Weather
Another all round creative, Siobhan takes wonderful photographs, her portraits in particular are always so striking. There are vegan recipes, music and lifestyle posts to read, the nice stuff features are one of my favourites.

Cider with Rosie
One of the best blogs to read when you're curled up under a blanket on your sofa, Rosie shares the joyous moments of her life. Everything from home and personal style and other simple pleasures. Her 10 things that have made me happy this week feature always makes me feel a little happier and remind me there is a lot to be happy about.

There are so many more incredible blogs out there, I might start sharing them every now and then. Please let me know what you love to read.


3 comments

  1. i normally don't read magazines, but definitely want to grab a copy of ELLE this month! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the little mention, an unexpected & lovely surprise - going to have a look at the ones I'm not already familiar with now! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Hope you like them :)

      Delete

latest instagram posts

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.