Almond Cookies

5.11.14

With the colder days that have now arrived, there is nothing I like more than doing a little bit of baking. It warms me up, the kitchen begins to smell sweet and I always love making something with my hands (that's the creative art student inside of me). The other afternoon after I finished work I had a desire to bake something new, I asked my sister what she would like and she said something with almonds. I remembered seeing a recipe in one of the baking books we have for almond cookies, so then I went over to the shops to pick up what we didn't have and we got baking.


To make 10 to 12 cookies you will need..

125g spreadable butter
65g granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 medium egg, lightly beaten
125g plain flour
50g ground almonds
a few flaked almonds (around 10-15g)
caster sugar for dusting

Preheat the oven to 180C (165C for fan) and prepare a large baking tray, Cream together the butter and sugar together and beat until light and fluffy. Add the egg very gradually, beating continuously, then beat in the vanilla extract. Mix in the flour and ground almonds with a spoon, then using a dessertspoon, scoop little piles of the mixture on to the tray. Press a few flaked almonds on top of each scoop. Bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Take them out of the oven, sprinkle a little caster sugar and leave to cool and then enjoy.


1 comment

  1. They sound so yummy, I love anything almond! xx

    ReplyDelete

latest instagram posts

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.