5 Quick and Good For You Snacks

22.11.14

Ever since the beginning of this year I have been trying to be healthier and eating clean. Of course there are days when I don't eat very well but I have learnt and discovered some new food combinations to eat that are healthier than a bar of chocolate or a packet of crisps to snack on. I try not to snack but sometimes the sweet craving inside and the need for a boost of energy takes over. Finding these alternatives that are not only better for me but relatively inexpensive, quick and easy to make, they have really changed my bad habits.

Rice cake with almond butter and chia seeds
This is one of my favourites to satisfy my sweet craving, you have the crunch of the rice cake, the natural sweetness from almond butter plus the added benefits of chia seeds. Only takes a minute, ideal if you're in a rush.

Kale chips
The super food that I think everyone has heard of, it's quite a tasty leafy green. Mix the kale with a tablespoon of olive oil (per 75grams) add some sea salt, pepper or whatever seasonings you may fancy. Place on a baking tray, keep an eye on it, mix the kale around so it's evenly baked for around 20 minutes at 170C.


Peanut butter and apple slices on toast
As a snack this is great and won't leave you wanting something else, I sometimes have this for breakfast. Simply toast a slice of bread, spread peanut butter and add apple slices. You can alter this with your favourite fruit, berries are incredible with peanut butter.


Ryvita with hummus and tomatos
If want more of a savoury snack get a piece of Ryvita or flat bread, spread some hummus and add tomatos or anything you want, avocado and cucumber also taste great.

Greek yogurt, berries and nut mix
So very simple, you can just grab some yogurt but I like to add some flavours and textures. Add berries or whatever fruit you like and some seeds, nuts or granola. Mix it up with what you like, blueberries, almonds, walnuts and chia seeds are one of my favourite combinations.


I find that sometimes these snacks are substantial enough for breakfast or lunch. I really hope that this has given you some food inspiration. I love to go on Pinterest when I need some new ideas. If you have any suggestions please let me know them.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.