Roasted Halloumi & Vegetable Pitta

27.8.14

Everyone has their favourite meal they like to have at breakfast, lunch and dinner. This Summer I have a new favourite dinner dish. As a pescetarian I'm always happy to discover a new idea, it is a bonus for my Mum if everyone else in the house (the meat eaters) also like it too. And now I'd like to share it with the vegetarians out there. 

You will need.. pitta bread, hummus, olive oil, halloumi and vegetables. Use any vegetables you like but I find that mushrooms, peppers, courgette and onions work best. 

Prepare and chop the vegetables into bite size pieces and the halloumi into slices. Place the vegetables onto a tray and drizzle olive oil over them, on a separate tray place the halloumi onto it. Then put them in the oven for 30 minutes. A few minutes before the vegetables and the halloumi are ready, take your pitta bread, slice in half and put them in the oven for a few minutes to warm them up. Once that is done, take them out, get your hummus and start putting everything you want in the pitta bread. Very simple and delicious. 


Let me know if you have any vegetarian meal idea, I'd love to hear them!

Twitter   |   Instagram   |   Bloglovin'

1 comment

  1. Mmmm this looks so good! For me, I just can't beat a veggie burrito!! xx

    www.roseandmuse.com
    www.roseandmusevintage.com

    ReplyDelete

latest instagrams

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.