Summer Solstice

21.6.14


noun 
The solstice at midsummer, at the time of the longest day, about 21 June in the northern hemisphere and 22 December in the southern hemisphere.

One of my favourite things about Summer is without a doubt the evenings being filled with light and waking to a bright sky. And on the longest day of the year I made an effort to take some time for myself to make me feel good and welcome Summer. I wore a maxi skirt for the first time since last Summer, drove around with sunglasses on, bought a new bright plant for my room, had a little afternoon picnic in the park and laid in the sun when it wasn't hiding behind the few clouds and listened to some new music. More simple days like this and I think I will be somewhat content with the season. May all of your Summer days be full of greatness.

Twitter   |   Instagram   |   Bloglovin'

2 comments

  1. I feel like taking note of solstices is a very northern hemisphere thing? People don't really mention it here! Hope you have an amazing summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love long summer days... I had a really nice summer solstice, it was a friend's birthday party but I spent most of it lying on her trampoline staring at the sky and having really deep conversations (my preferred party activity). have a lovely summer! xx

    ReplyDelete

latest instagram posts

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.