Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms

4.3.14

When I decided to stop eating meat, it was then that I started to become a little more creative with my meals that would normally feature meat. Something substantial enough for dinner as well as tasting good. After sharing my thoughts on being pescatarian/vegetarian I thought I would share some recipes that I cook, so I'm starting with one of my favourites.

You can ask any vegetarian and they will tell you that mushrooms are as common as chicken in their diet. Spinach is a great way of consuming iron, something that vegetarians tend to lack in, I also love it. This features both ingredients and is relatively inexpensive and simple to make.



You will need..
Large mushrooms (portobello)
Soft cheese or goats cheese
A handful of spinach
Garlic
Black pepper
Herbs of your choice
Grated cheddar, seeds or breadcrumbs (optional)

First prepare the spinach and chop it up into smaller pieces. Then mix it with the cheese, garlic, a sprinkle of pepper and herbs. Spread the mix into the mushrooms. Place on a tray and put in the oven at 180C degrees for 20 minutes. If you want to, around 2 to 3 minutes before they are finished you can add grated cheese, seeds or breadcrumbs to the mushrooms by covering the top, put back in the oven and allow to melt and crisp. Finally take them out of the oven, serve and enjoy.


I hope that you liked seeing this. Let me know if you have any vegetarian recipes, I'm always happy to try something new.
Twitter   |   Instagram   |   Bloglovin'

1 comment

latest instagram posts

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.