Winter Rescue for Lips & Hands

12.12.13

Winter is here, it is cold and gloomy. The shift in weather tends to make my lips and skin change and become very dry. I have found a lip balm and a hand cream that has changed that. I know I'm not alone with this problem so I thought I would share them with you.


Typically I don't tend to have a problem with dry lips, I use any lip balm I have at hand every morning and will keep one in my bag just in case they begin to feel a little dry. A few weeks ago they all of a sudden became very dry, I found myself applying lip balm every hour and none of the ones I had were doing much for them. After a bit of research I found that Nuxe RĂªve de Miel came up a few times in my search, a little pricey compared to the average lip balm but I was willing to try it and see if it helps. It is a French product and specifically for dry or chapped lips so I was hoping for the best. The ingredients include honey, plant oils, shea butter and grapefruit essence, so very natural and you can smell the honey and grapefruit when you put it on. It feels quite rich and smooth so you only need a small amount and that small amount works wonders. Normally I don't see a dramatic difference after trying a new product but by that day my lips felt so much smoother, not as dry and I did not feel the need to put more on every hour. It's been over a week now and I use it every day.

Last year in the Winter sales I went to L'Occitane because I have been wanting to purchase their hand cream because I heard a lot of good things about them and I managed to get a good deal with the travel size tubes and over the past year I have used it every now and then until recently. So much so that I ran out of 2 of my tubes that I was using alternately and my Mum kindly gave me one she was given as a gift but did not use yet. The L'Occitane Hand Cream includes shea butter, honey and sweet almond extracts, I think shea butter and honey are a winning combination for dry lips and skin. Anti-oxidizing vitamin E in the cream helps nourish the skin and what I like most about this is that it is not a watery liquid that is difficult to rub in completely, it is buttery and smooths out over the hands well, a small amount is all that is needed.

Are there any products that have saved you this Winter?
xo Natasha

2 comments

  1. Ohhh my lips and hands have been SO dry lately! I need some moisture, and fast! I like the Jurlique rose hand cream, it's smells really good. In great need of that lip that though! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the L'Occitane hand creams! They often come as freebies with magazines so look out for that! x

    ReplyDelete

latest instagram posts

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.