Gingerbread Cake & Festive Days

24.12.13

Once again the festive season has arrived and tomorrow is Christmas Day, I probably say this most years but it honestly does not feel like it and it has come around quicker than ever. This year I am cooking Christmas dinner for the first time, no pressure as there is only 4 of us but still a challenge. I have already started to prepare a few bits for tomorrow and I started with dessert, I really don't like Christmas pudding, cake and mince pies so every year there is always a second pudding, instead of my traditional trifle I decided to make gingerbread cake.


To make this you will need.. 115g margarine, 100g caster sugar, 1 egg, 175g golden syrup, 200g plain flour, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 125ml water.

1, Pre-heat oven to 175C. Grease your tine and lightly flour.
2, Cream margarine and sugar together until light. Add the egg and golden syrup then beat well.
3, Sieve together the flour, salt, baking soda, ground ginger and ground cinnamon.
4, Bring water to the boil and add alternatively with flour mixture to the cream mixture, beating thoroughly.
5, Bake at 175C for 30 minutes.


The rest of my Christmas Eve has been spent at work (the downside of retail), last minute food shopping, wrapping presents, cleaning and tidying. And tonight I'm going to do nothing.

I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, fill your day with love and joy.
xo Natasha

2 comments

  1. That gingerbread cake looks really awesome, I'd love to taste a piece of it:) I have never taste such cakes((( Those photographs are adorable as well!
    Wish you Merry Christmas and great holidays!

    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks so cute, and I NEED to try this. My family have been wolfing down a packet of stem ginger cookies this week, I love that wintery, spicy flavour! xx

    ReplyDelete

latest instagrams

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.