Apple and Cinnamon Muffins

2.11.13

Once again I had a desire to do some baking, the apple tree in my back garden still has juicy apples so before they disappear for another year I decided to try baking muffins. Not the best muffins, the rise was not what I hoped but they taste good.

Ingredients

250g flour
3 teaspoons of baking powder
2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of salt
100g caster sugar
60g butter
225ml semi-skimmed milk
100g of peeled, cored and chopped apples


Preheat the oven to 200C, lightly grease a muffin tin or line with paper muffin cups. In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, cream the sugar and butter together. Then stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture, pouring the milk in alternately and fold in the apples. Once mixed, pour into the prepared muffin tins/cups and put in the oven for 20 minutes.

Enjoy!
xo Natasha

1 comment

  1. I've eaten SO much apple cake this year, my mum has 3 apple trees which all yielded loads of fruit so she's been making her signature sponge cake with walnuts, apple and little lumps of dark chocolate. These look amazing though, will definitely be my next bake! xx

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.