Make your own Iced Coffee

26.5.13


I love coffee, all I need is a cup a day to keep me alive and during the warmer months I don't always feel like having a hot drink and an iced coffee is the perfect cold drink with a caffeine boost. The idea to make my own came to mind when I went to the Starbucks on my uni campus and it was shut, so there I was in need of a coffee and I said to my friend "All I want is coffee and ice, I could make it myself!". A few days later I tried it for myself and was so pleased with it that I wanted to share it with you all.

All you need is..
Coffee
Milk (optional)
Sweetener/Sugar/Syrup (optional)
Ice
A glass and straw



To begin make your cup of coffee the way you normally would but make sure you double the amount, for example if you're making one cup and use one teaspoon of instant coffee put in two. This is because once the ice melts it will dilute the drink and the flavour will weaken. Make sure to add milk, sweeteners or syrup to your own taste. Afterwards pour it into a glass or jar carefully and place it in the fridge. If you wish to drink it first thing in the morning I would suggest leaving it in overnight otherwise leave it in for around 3 to 4 hours to ensure it is chilled. When you take it out, add a few cubes of ice and a straw.


Finally, enjoy! Let me know if any of you have tried making homemade iced coffee before? I do love a Starbucks but this is honestly the next best thing and quite a bit cheaper.

xo Natasha

4 comments

  1. I'm going to be making these for myself bank holiday Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I never knew it was that easy. Taste pretty good? I'm sure it does.
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I'm really glad I found your blog - also my boyfriend LOVES iced coffee and the way we've been making it hasn't been that great...we will try your way, thank-you!

    Flora

    www.twowithseven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

latest instagrams

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.