The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

23.5.12

This is not quite a book review but more of a confession of my love for this book, the story, the characters and of course the author. I sat down to read this book two days ago and I was sucked into the story from the first page.I had an idea about what the book was about but not enough to know what kind of journey I was about to embark on. Every spare moment I had over the last two days I was reading the book, I worked for 8 hours yesterday and when I went on my twenty minute break I spent almost all of it reading. Once I got home and was ready to get back into the story, at this point I was half way through the book and I just kept reading until the early hours of the morning while taking breaks to cry. Sure I have cried when reading a book but it was just a tear of happiness.When I read The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger at one moment in the book I had to put the book down and cry simply because I could not read through my watery eyes. And TFiOS had the same effect on me except multiple times.

Of course there were parts that made me laugh and crack a smile and you get to experience love in its purest form in this story. I almost wish I could unread it so I can go through the emotions first hand again. It is a love story, about Augustus and Hazel. With deep themes that I often think about and question.Will I leave a mark on the world? Will I be loved? I can't go into too much detail about my thoughts and feelings about the book without spoiling it for anyone but I just can't express how much I adore this book. I love John Green's previous novels but this is just incredible and if he never wrote another novel he has created books that any author would be proud of. I think everyone should read this book, I know I will be bugging my friends to read it. I have even gone back and re-read my favourite moments, it is now my joint favourite book.
.
I just can’t stop thinking about it and I even woke up feeling sad. I know it seems silly to feel like this about a work of fiction but when a story consumes you like that it is hard not to feel this way. It will be a story that stays with me forever.

3 comments

  1. This post has just made me want to run out and buy this! so into books at the moment. ACTUAL books too, with real pages! none of this kindle nonsense haha :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    Jesslorenx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is incredible! It truly axes the frozen sea within you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna check that book out, and the drinks look tasty :D

    ReplyDelete

latest instagrams

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.